Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

HOW TO ENTER THE SECURITY CODE MY HONDA PILOT. THE SECURITY…

Customer Question
HOW TO ENTER THE...

HOW TO ENTER THE SECURITY CODE MY HONDA PILOT. THE SECURITY CODE HAS A 9 IN IT AND THE RADIO DOES NOT HAVE A NINE ON IT.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

THE BATTERY WAS DISCONNECTED. i HAVE THE CODE THAT CAME WITH THE CAR, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENTER IT BECAUSE THE NUMBER HAS A NINE AND THE RADIO DOES NOT HAVE A NINE BUTTON.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had the battery changed out, I have the number that came with the car but it has a nine in it and the radio does not have a nine button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just don't know what I am doing and just need help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

To enter 9, Using the tune knob, rotate it until #9 appears.