Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Crv 2005 the key just flashes and just turns over. Now and…

Customer Question
Crv 2005 the green...

Crv 2005 the green key just flashes and just turns over. Now and again by diconneting the battery to reset it will start

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It's a manual. What do you mean by wheel lock? Do you mean steering lock?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's for a friend. The problem first happened and AA reprogrammed the key and it was fine for 6 weeks than happened again. For a week was able to battery reset and it would start again but now hardly at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How does this service work in terms of cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be helping you today. im reviewing your question now....

Mechanic for Honda: Greg, import technician replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician
Hi . you still need assistance with this issue.
If yes then please get back to me.
I do
Ok good .
What you need to do is check for malfunction codes in the immobilizer management system .
We have had problems just like this and ended up being a bad immo module, what happens is the immobilizer module shorts and throws out the program for the chip key .
But a good check for codes will confirm this . If you hook up and can not get any communication with the immo module replace it .
First check wiring and connection if good replace immobilizer module.
Rgds Greg
If you need further advice please get back to me anytime.
After accepting you can get back to me with out any extra cost to you
Rgds Greg