Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I'm taking off my oil pan from a 2002 Honda Accord and I've…

Customer Question
I'm taking off my...

I'm taking off my oil pan from a 2002 Honda Accord and I've gotten off all 16 mm bolts around it but its still stuck on with the bond and I started hammering the oil pan but it's really stuck. What do I do keep hammering or did I miss one somewhere I can't see it?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

About 2 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Know just wondering why it's so stuck on there and just how I can get it off?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
11/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Merc320, Technician replied 4 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

The sump will be very tight to remove , it will move if you keep gently hammering the joint as long as you are sure all

the bolts are out.

Please keep me informed.

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician