Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I purchased a 2017 Honda about a month ago. Ever since I had…

Customer Question
I purchased a 2017...

I purchased a 2017 Honda about a month ago. Ever since I had it when idle it makes a rattling sound. While driving it is still noisy. My previous new cars when in idle I had to press the excelarator just to be sure that I turned it on. I have taken it back twice and they claim there is no noice. What could be causing the rattling?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Since I purchased the car a month ago. Sound like it is coming from the front. My son says it sounds like a car that has no oil. I checked it does have oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Honda?

Pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it back to the dealership. I even let my salesman listen to the noise also the serviceman this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked online for issues similar to mine and I found a one Pilot and the cause was sue to some transmission issue.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Noises are next to impossible to diagnose without hearing it. Can you record the noise with a cellphone and then upload to youtube or a free file server like mediafire and post a link here for me.

And does the noise increase or stay the same if you rev the engine in park