Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Well when I started my 2010 Honda elemnt in made a grinding…

Customer Question
Well when I started...

Well when I started my 2010 Honda elemnt in made a grinding noise that sounded like the starter I went to start it for work this evening and made grinding noise then wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The noise has been going on couple weeks sounds like starter went out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not just want to try get it started to take to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I wanna know how to get it going start one more time so i don't have to get a tow truck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
11/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Greg, import technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician
Ok what you could try but sounds like not going to work as it could be to far out. But will be worthy trying.
You need a second person to help . One in the drivers seat the other under the front hood with a small light hammer .
Drive should turn key to the start position and hold you tap lightly on the starter motor housing and the starter may catch and crank the engine ,
Good luck and I hope this works for you .
Need further advice with this issue then please get back to me if needed.
Rgds Greg
Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician