Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My vehicle has need a jump numerous times. I took it to

Customer Question
My vehicle has need...

My vehicle has need a jump numerous times. I took it to autozone to test the battery, alternator and starter, they say it all passed. Today I got in my car, drove about 6 miles total, when I went to drive my car about an hour later, the battery was dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I don't know what they used to test the battery. I have never changed the battery myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2009 Honda CR-V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've never touched my car. I've only had it for 1 1/2 yrs and always take it yo Honda of Westport.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, one time a green key symbol came on the dashboard

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
11/27/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin for the battery to be flat after an hour and a half with no other issues this has to be a battery failure .it wouldnt drain off compkeatly that fast .i suspect you have a dead cell in battery that is making and breaking contact.i would have battery replaced before going any further