Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I pressure washed down my engine with it running and now my…

Customer Question
I pressure washed down...

I pressure washed down my engine with it running and now my check engine light is on and it runs very rugged as if it is not running on all cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It has done both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1999 civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet as I am not a mechanic but it seemed to me this should be a simple fix as it ran fine before cleaning the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK have you had the check engine scanned yet for the codes?

No
Don’t think this going to work for me how do I cancel

ok your local auto parts store will do a scan for free if you dont have one, after you get the codes I can help you find what is going on with the vehicle