Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

REBUILT THE HYBRID BATTERY AND NOW THE COMPUTER IS NOT COMM…

Customer Question
REBUILT THE HYBRID BATTERY...

REBUILT THE HYBRID BATTERY AND NOW THE COMPUTER IS NOT COMM WITH THE BATTERY

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

IT HAS 154 VOLTS ON IT WITH 11 DUAL STICK 14.4 BATTERIES. ITS A 2006 HONDA CIVIC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

THE NEG CONTACTOR IS NOT PICKING UP IN THE BATTERY PACK

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

LOOKED AT THE 61 FUSE GOOD. THE COMPUTERS ARE NOT TALKING. CODES U0111,U1205,U1206,P1570,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
I have disconnected the aux battery and it will not reset the codes. Took it to Autozone and erased all the code but the IMA still stays on with the battery light. The assist gauges do not show anything. they do light up with the key is first turned on.
Answered in 4 days by:
11/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.'

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the battery itself.It may have a short or damage to it to where the rebuild did not work to repair it and it may need to be replaced.This will need to be tested further to see if this is the cause of it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

the battery is good. It has 153 volt out of 156 volt. there is a negative contactor in the battery module that is not picking up and not allowing the voltage at the High voltage terminal. Not sure what controls that contactor and why the electrical system is not seeing the battery. Need in depth help

I apologize for the delay as I had to leave in a hurry yesterday and couldn't get back here until now.

Are there any issues with wiring or connection at the battery or leading to it?Has this been checked?