Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Just had a engine rebuild done due to my Honda pilot burning…

Customer Question
Just had a engine...

Just had a engine rebuild done due to my Honda pilot burning 1 quart every 300 miles. It drove fine for 900 miles after the rebuild. Started to misfire and run rough again and burn smoke. I pulled the pcv valve and it was barely sucking air in the block. After allowing the car to run without it for a bit it seemed to get less smoke but still was making clouds at 3000 rpm. Could it be that it needs more time to burn off excess oil it was pulling due to the pcv being clogged or am I looking at a different repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

After the rebuild

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did not do the rebuild myself. Had my dad's mechanic do the rebuild, he does good work. He said the rings valve seals etc is all new and wasn't failing when we were first driving it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had cleared 2 catalytics after having a head gasket blow 50000 miles ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
11/24/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

If you are not losing power, drive it for a couple more days. if its still burning oil,You need to have a compression test done immediately.

are you there?