Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My Honda dashboard shows EPS (!) orange light when I start…

Customer Question
My Honda dashboard shows...

My Honda dashboard shows EPS (!) orange light when I start the engine and steering is very stiff.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

NO

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Honda Spike, 2006 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it for diagnosis and the person doing it just said the EPS system not working properly, which is what the light is telling me anyway.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really,,,only that am not close to the vehicle now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
11/22/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin so the person diagnosing it's just told you what you already know ? Are the continuing with diagnostics ?
No

Ok you need to have car plugged in to a diagnostic tool to comunicate with the steering system to find why the system is showing a fault .

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic