Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have found a way to start the car and everything works [

Customer Question
I have found a...

I have found a way to start the car and everything works [ but my steering is lock] ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, no problem there. just to unlock the steering wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 honda civic ex. youtube help me to this point, starts and everything o.k. steerwheel is lock [ help]

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, have the backside ing. off. starts, go in gear, steerwheel wheel is lock.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/20/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be helping you today. im reviewing your question

Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

is the steering wheel locked or is it hard to turn?

STEERING LOCK
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

how did you start car?

I took the back side switch off.
The car starts AND all, but steering IS lock.
Well what do next?
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

in order to unlock the steering wheel either you have to turn the ignition cylinder(key) or remove the ignition switch cylinder

Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

thank you for choosing justanswers happy holidays thank you cesar jimenez