Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

07 accord with astra 300rs-1c The remote start wont shut off…

Customer Question
07 accord with astra...

07 accord with astra 300rs-1c The remote start wont shut off when hitting the brake pedal or when you turn off the ignition. You have to use the fob to shut it off. Any thought?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

All seems fine. you can drive the car all over but when its started with the remote start you have to kill the engine with the fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started on it. the problem has been there for over a year but my son just told me today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
11/21/2017
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the brake lamps do work correctly then this is either being caused by an internal failure in the remote start module or there is a wiring issue with it's brake lamp switch input. A wire from the module would have been spliced to the brake lamp switch, it's very possible that the connection has come loose. The first thing I would recommend is making sure the connection is secure. If ok then the brake switch input to the module can be checked, and if its actually present then the module will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.