Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Getting engine light. I did at autoo zone. 2007 honda ody.

Customer Question
Getting engine light Mechanic's...

Getting engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Yes i did at autoo zone

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 honda ody

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

83-1 andp2647,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I probably wouldnt try and fix it unless it was simple

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

that is the only P code set ?

how does it run ?

any engine noise at all at idle or when driving ?

it is the only p code. the car suddenly runs rough and feels like it might stall,
once you stop engine and start again it runs fine
you there?

it take a bit to type back hang on

that code is set due to a failure of the Vtech rocker arm system causing this issue

the issue can be wiring or the Vtech assembly itself which will cause this issue

i would have a shop test that system for you

usually they can tell you which is bad in under 1 hours labor

but they need to use there scan tool and a multi meter to test the circuit first to the Vtech system

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

pretty lame answer
I will take my $5 back

lame how so ?

you have all that test equipment ..if so i will walk you right through it

next time has realistic expectations..or try another expert and they can guess for you and waste your money

i am opting out

good luck to you

getting much more detailed explanation free on you tube you basically said got to the shop
Mechanic for Honda: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, new expert here.

Code 86 has to do with communication between the VSA module and other modules. It can either be a faulty connection or bad module. I'll post troubleshooting and location info below.

The P code does have to do with vtec problems as you know. I'll post detailed info below on troubleshooting and how it operates.

If I can help further just reply back.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician