Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My son just purchased a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe. The…

Customer Question
My son just purchased...

My son just purchased a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe. The SRS light and tire pressure light are permanently lit. The tires have been checked and are fine - how can he reset the light?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes, the tires have been checked and are all fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

He was hoping there was a reset for the tire light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He is more concerned about the airbag light. He checked the VIN on the government website and it says 0 recalls - is it possible for him to reset the light himself, or should he take it back to the dealer?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
11/20/2017
Mechanic for Honda: eauto, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

the light only comes on when there is a failure in the air bag system..so you just cant reset it

do you have a enhanced scan tool that can pull air bag codes?

If he takes it to an auto parts store - will they be able to pull air bag codes, or does he need to take it to a Honda dealer?
Mechanic for Honda: eauto, The Car Guy replied 4 months ago

if the parts store has a enhanced scan tool with air bag functions they can

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy