Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Not good. 2007 accord. My alarm needs to be disabled key not

Customer Question

Not good
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My alarm needs to be disabled key not working in door
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No just won't go in door right
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If the key won't fit the door lock I'd 1st try the passenger side , to see if the issue is with the lock or the key

if the key works OK in the ignition then I'd try flooding the door lock with some silicon based oil ( don't use WD40) to see if that helps

if you partially put the key in the lock you can then run oil down the key blade to ensure it finds its way into the lock innards