Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Not good. 2007 accord. My alarm needs to be disabled key not…

Customer Question
2007 accord Mechanic's Assistant:...

2007 accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

My alarm needs to be disabled key not working in door

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No just won't go in door right

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Matt, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

If the key won't fit the door lock I'd 1st try the passenger side , to see if the issue is with the lock or the key

if the key works OK in the ignition then I'd try flooding the door lock with some silicon based oil ( don't use WD40) to see if that helps

if you partially put the key in the lock you can then run oil down the key blade to ensure it finds its way into the lock innards

Matt, Engineer