Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The windows do not operate on 2006 honda ridgeline. I have…

Customer Question
Second opinion] the windows do...
Second opinion] the windows do not operate on 2006 honda ridgeline. I have replaced the master switch but did not help. I jumper out the black and white/green wire and got power back on the fuses to the 3 other windows.I can operate the windows form their door but nothing at the drivers side master switch.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/18/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

HJave you checked the wiring cord that goes from the driver's door to body as this flexes and over time can break wires inside it.

You can access this by removing the lower inside kick panel to gain access to the connector for that wiring , Disconnect it and give each wire a good tug to see if one comes loose, also just to make sure , peel back some of the covering to check further. All power and grounds go through the master switch so this is a good place to start.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I got your message and I will check the wires.i was going to put battery on the green/white wire to see if that would indicate a break in that wire. I have no power on that wire.

Yup check those wires carefully as sometimes they break inside the insulation and look ok.

Is this correct that there is supposed to have power on the green/white wire.
Does the green/white wire supposed to have power.it does not and I have that wire jumper ed to the black.with that in mind I was able to get power to the other 3 widows and they work from each door but nothing from the master.