Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2006 Honda pilot overheats and fan runs when I turn off.

Customer Question
2006 Honda pilot overheats...

2006 Honda pilot overheats and fan runs when I turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes checked coolant, replace often, don't see signs on ground of a leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dont know yet..try myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why connecting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Have you checked to see if cooling fans are working?

I assume, the fan runs when I shut my car off
well

I see, I missed that part. This would mean the radiator is clogged and needs to be replaced. I'm also assuming you have verified coolant level is correct so if that has already been done then replace the radiator. I'd also consider replacing thermostat first but based on symptoms problem is the radiator. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Mechanic for Honda: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.