Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

We have a1998 Honda Accord with lots of miles. It has lost…

Customer Question
We have a1998 Honda...

We have a1998 Honda Accord with lots of miles. It has lost its air conditioning , heating and cruise control. Is it probably an electrical problem? With three big problems is it probably all related? Any help would help me understand if it can be fixed. Thanks, Carrie

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

4 cillender. A few months ago a dealer looked at it for up to $300 when we knew about the air conditioner and cruise control, so yes I assume they looked at the fuses. (Someone else was using the car at the time).

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Accord?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just trying to decide what the cost would and if it makes sense to fix it. It actually has not been returned to us yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

210,000 miles. We actually think it works fine but we can’t use it much without heat and air. Thank#! Carrie

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
11/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. What did the dealer check? Did they check the freon levels and the compressor operation? Did they check the high and low pressures and if so what were they? did they lush the coolant system? did they make sure all of the HVAC actuators are working? what was the cycling pressures? Did they pull any diagnostic trouble codes?

I have know idea what they did. The only thing I heard was it was electrical but they couldn’t figure it out and they even called the Honda head service center. With the 3 big problems it just seems it should be a big obvious problem. Carrie

without knowing why they think its electrical, the only thing I can do is walk you through how to test the wiring as far as power ground and signal inputs and outputs. that would require a volt meter and a test light

hows it going?