Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2014 Honda CRV I bought last year. This year when I…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Honda...
I have a 2014 Honda CRV I bought last year. This year when I turn my steering wheel all the way to the right, the engine RPM increases making it difficult to brake. What do you think it is
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this today.

So based off what you are describing, it sounds like we either have an issue with the power steering pressure regulator, or there may be an intake vacuum leak that is only present when the wheels turn and the engine shifts.

Does it only do it with the wheels turned to the right?

Okay, then I would start by inspecting the vacuum line from the brake booster to the engine, if that is good then inspect the air intake piping. If there are no leaks in the air system then I think it is going to be a power steering issue, for that it would have to be tested out at a local repair shop

Hello, any luck with this?