Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

It’s the starter. The dealer is saying it is out of warranty…

Customer Question
It’s the starter. The...

It’s the starter. The dealer is saying it is out of warranty by 7000km

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

It’s a push button. I get a grinding noise once in a while

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2014 Crosstour

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crosstour yourself? What have you tried so far?

It’s at the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should they fix the problem under warranty?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/15/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok what is the mileage and what are they replacing?

The starter. It has 70000km.

Its looking like that should be covered, have you tried calling a different dealership and speaking with a service advisor there?

They said the same

I would contact honda north America next Toll-free number: 1-800(###) ###-#### see if this helps

Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

hows it going?