Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda Civic 2003, Battery went dead yesterday. We can not…

Customer Question
Honda Civic 2003, Battery...

Honda Civic 2003, Battery went dead yesterday. We can not ghe the Hood Release to free the hood so I can get the Battery out and replace it. I tried the key "Push In" next to the Shift Lever but nothing helps. Still locked down. I'm having Surgery in the Morning and need this Honda to get me to the Hospital at 6:00AM CST 11/16/2017 Please help me. Dan Burks

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Sweet heart, how can I test it with the HOOD LOCKED?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried using the Hood Release Nothing. Texted the Battery and just get Click Click Click. Can not get to or reach the Battery!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much do you plan to charge me for this Mechanic?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/15/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sometimes the hoos are stubborn on these and you will need one person to pull the lever and another to pull on hood

Ok, we have done that with two of us and the release lever gives NOTHING>and the INSIDE car lever on left side acts like it's not hooked up. Also Nothing!!!!!

when you pull the inside lever is the cable attached to it? either way you may need to pull on it with a pair of pliers to get the cable to move,

NO Quit trying to sell me some more crap. Just TEXT my Cell phone with your answer! Dan

dan if you read at the beginning thats not me prompting you so you will have to calm down a bit

I checked YouTube and it looks like there's dozens of Unhappy Customers with this same problem. So I'm sure you have the ANSWER and I need the answer I paid for. Dan Burks
I will not CALL you so you can charge me $26 more dollars in this scam.

ill let someone else help you thats more qualified than me

Mechanic for Honda: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Mr. Burks, please be advised we do the best we can to help you with the information you have provided, there is not one simple answer that we can just pull out and text to you. We have a site full of qualified experts, and millions of satisfied customers, so it most definitely is not a scam. The site prompts to call because it thinks that will help you out, nobody is trying to rob you, only help you. But if you do not want assistance it may be best to have it towed in and scheduled at your dealership

Cancel my entire phone call and refund me my $5.00. You have not answered any of my Questions at all. And I have lost 100%. I have called and talked to my local Honda Dealership. This is a "Everyday Problem" according to them and they gave me several ways to overcome it. They told me these "Cables" often break and I can tell once I get the Latch Mech. free of the Hood. Again ya'll were no help at all. Please Refund as requested above!

You never even gave the original mechanic a chance to help you, as you immediately went to calling him a scammer because the site offered a phone call. But anyways, we tried, good luck getting the cable replaced before tomorrow :)