Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2009 Pilot and the A/T Temp light came on on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Pilot and the A/T Temp light came on on the highway. What might the problem be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Automatic Temperature Light indicator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Posts on internet say pull over until transmission cools and when light goes off continue to drive. Did that but that seems only a temporoary fix not a solution.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
11/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 5 months ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.
If the light comes on the most common problem is that you have a transmission fluid leak and the fluid has gotten low and the transmission is actually getting too hot if there's no other symptoms other than the light that is most likely the cause.
You need to check the transmission fluid or have a garage check it if it's full then the sensor maybe bad the garage would have the equipment to check that too unless you have a scan tool if so we can try to check it.
Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you
I just had the torque converter replaced. Is it possible the mechanic did not fill the trans with enough fluid? There seem to be no leaks and no burning smell. The light went off after pulling over within a few minutes.
no thank you.
Are we done communicating by text?
You really ought not adverstise help and then try to bait customers to pay more for a complete answer. It really is not helpful and dishonest.
The answer you gave anyone with half a brain would know.
We are not done. Why was the converter replaced? He may have damaged the pump when he did the converter

I believe we discovered the problem. The mechanic overfilled the trans fluid. So we had it drained and refilled. Thanks for getting back with me.

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks
Kavey
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner