Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

No start. 2004 Honda Civic. I checked the fuses and battery.

Customer Question
Yes Mechanic's Assistant: What...

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2004 Honda Civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I checked the fuses and battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dash lights turn off when you turn the key

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine or security light on?

Check engine light is on but the impobolizer light (green key) doesn't show

ok looking at a diagram now, just give me a min, do you have a multimeter for testing?

also is this a hatchback or hybrid ?

I do but I need batteries for it, it's an Lx sedan

Ok so in the underhood location there should be a starter relay, see if you can locate that and pull it, there will be some numbers on it, let me know what they are, should 85,86,87

that's it

ok so 85 and 86 should be power and ground in start position and 30 is power also in start position

so if all that is there you should be getting 12v to starter solenoid, I would check that next in start position

its a 12v

ok so that means your starter is bad if you have good ground and main wire has 12v

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

But the car cranks but doesn't start after I started it multiple times and the green light for the key doesn't show on the dash

oh ok so next you will want to check fuel and spark

It has fuel but no spark

your looking for 40-47 psi for the pressure on that

ok you must have a timing issue or something with the signal, is there a way you can get a scanner to pull those codes?

give me about 30 minutes

I may be in bed by then, if I am ill see this in the morning and respond with an answer tomorrow

No problem

Did you get the codes?

Yeah it doesn't show any faulty codes

you may need a better scanner, if there is a light on there will be codes