Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2017 Ridgeline has gear shift stuck. Won't go in Park. Won't…

Customer Question
2017 Ridgeline has gear...

2017 Ridgeline has gear shift stuck. Won't go in Park. Won't move.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

1 year old. No leaking. Lever stuck. Won't go in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Driving and parked. Now stuck with truck that won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to correct or get going

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When you push the vehicle will it roll or is it locked in park?

Have you inspected the shift cable from the shifter to the transmission?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris