Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My honda 20004 had a clicking noise in behind glove box now…

Customer Question
My honda 20004 had...

My honda 20004 had a clicking noise in behind glove box now wont run much over an idle without bogging and or back firing and also has no comunication to scannere

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It came from behind the glove box 3 relays back there brown blue black

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Grounding the thermostat housing checked all fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No comunication from scanner plug under dash

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
11/12/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, what model honda do you have and engine size

2004 civic 1.7 liter

Hello, a problem developed on your end payment wise, I can not help with that for a phone cal, sorry, JA has to help with that. Meantime we can keep in this post I will send information in a few minutes, Thanks

Ok, from what you describe? you have a problem with one of the computer main relays. I tend to lean to main relay #1 both main relays. 1 and 2 are right behind the glove box. A main relay fail will cause clicking and loss of scnner data /communication, I can NOT rule out main relay #2. I am not there. But if you get one clicking? put hand on the relay to help determine the possible bad one. I feel relay 1 but could? be relay 2. I have attached diagrams showing locations etc

Please Rate my service I have provided. Rating does NOT close this post so you can still return after rating to this post for free, Thanks

Tracer3
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician