Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Can I bypass heater core on my 03 Honda accord ex 2.4, no…

Customer Question
Can I bypass heater...

Can I bypass heater core on my 03 Honda accord ex 2.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaks from the hoses but passage side floor full of coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
11/12/2017
Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 8 months ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. Yes you can bypass the heater core by simply looping the lines together . However if you live in an area that gets cold not having a heater can cause defroster and windshield ice problems . To bypass the heater core disconnect the short heater hose (B) from the heater valve and then disconnect the top hose from the fitting at the firewall (C) and connect it to the heater valve . This will loop the coolant without it passing through the heater core in the car. Here is a drawing of the hoses.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

how hard is it to put in a heater core for 03 Honda accord ex 2.4

Its a pretty big job. You would need to remove the dash and the heater box to get to it and that's a lot of parts to remove. Book time is about 9 hours most shops would likely charge $1600-2000 for a job like this.

bypass when still have defrost problem cause staying in Alabama get cold sometimes or would I️ be able to use ac to defrost

You would still be able to use A/C to defrost but it would be very slow. and wouldn't help with ice on the glass at all.