Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a Honda FIT that has brake lights on that won't turn…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda FIT that has brake lights on that won't turn off even when engine is off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

That is the first thing I check. The level is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fit?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the brake switch ...that looks fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I remove the ABS fuse the lights go off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin do the lights go out when brake light switch is disconnected ?

NO . I have not tried that.
I am in Zambia number is +***-***-****78

Give it a try if that works a new switch is needed

Please cancel the transaction. This won't work

?

Will check tomorrow morning. It is late now.

Ok let me know how you get on and please remember to rate my service