Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Why am I still getting a P0401 code after changing out the…

Customer Question
Why am I still getting...
Why am I still getting a P0401 code after changing out the EGR valve and gasket and cleaning both the EGR and INtake manifold?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
11/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Ok

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

click on link to view pdf file for dtc P0401 , you have done most of the steps ,but still we have ecm connection and power and ground to egr

Please let me know if you can see the file & the troubleshoot and the circuit diagram and we go from there

Thank You

Chad Farhat

what are the steps to clearing this code? I am a rookie to this. I have a code reader and keep clearing it but it keeps coming up.
Well,it will keep coming back if it is picking up fault,since the Egr been replaced and intake cleaned that leaves the Ecm and the Egr electrical connector or wiring in between , the wiring you can do a resistance test to see if there a break in the wire causing the Egr not to activate ,or is the Ecm needs replacement and all wire and connector are good, you have to test with out that it will be guess for me ,in this issue I can n arrow it down for you but testing is needed here .
Hope that helps
Is there parts I need to buy potentially in the future or will the testing fix it? Where do you suggest this testing to be done in Gainesville, FL?
The connector or wiring you can do yourself but if it comes down to the ecm the. You will need a capable scanner to register to the car you can not just like buy a used from junk yard and install it want start .
Another option will be send ecm out and get it rebuild some companies do that online depending on year car
That will be the only thing I can think of you would need
Good luck with it
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat