Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Good starter good battery when the key is turn to crack car…

Customer Question
Good starter good battery...

Good starter good battery when the key is turn to crack car the starter does turn over the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

No wheel lock car is in park starter does turn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1998 Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Grand new starter good battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just won't turn over

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
11/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will try tp help on on this issue

we have few things to check, starter relay, ecm, battery cables , neutral safety switch at trans , ignition switch ,ground ,fuses etc

click on link to view pdf file to see the starting circuit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent & faults retrieved ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat