Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

How to remove fuel pump relay

Customer Question
How to remove fuel...

How to remove fuel pump relay

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Year, model of your Honda please.

Thank you, Honda-Man

1990 Honda accord

Thank you, ***** ***** back with your information.

The Main relay is tucked up under the drivers side dash. The cruise control module(if equipped) needs to be removed before the main relay can be accessed. It's also partially blocked by a tab from the radiator fan timer black box. Unfortunately Honda service manuals don't have detailed instructions back in 1990.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.
Thank you!~Honda-ManFactory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

53867c4f-114f-46ff-a929-...PNG53867c4...PNGf46f88ae-e7b2-47b5-b66c-...PNGf46f88a...PNG1e15d2a1-36ff-45cf-b5c3-...PNG1e15d2a...PNG2545586c-6286-4914-92ba-...PNG2545586...PNGfd38655c-8109-4436-be22-...PNGfd38655...PNG
09d0fd0a-7361-4d07-bcfa-...pdf
09d0fd0...pdf
I removed the cruise control box, However nothing was behind it. I see an orange box above where the hood release. Is that It?
It has what appears to be 4 relays attached to the same bracket

This video does a pretty good job describing it. It is black with a red part where the wires plug in.

See... that's where I thought it was at first too. But after I got under there it's literally not there. Idk if someone was under here before me and moved it or what.

Could you have a Civic? All 1990 Accords are there. It makes a click when the ignition is first turned on then clicks off after a few seconds. It click when the check engine light comes on then clicks again when it goes off. You can find it that way...if it works that is?

I have seen them hanging down or tucked up in different places. Instead of putting it back they just tuck it somewhere. It will look like the pictures no matter what.

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic