Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan was involved in a minor accident…

Customer Question
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan...
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan was involved in a minor accident with no frame damage and no airbags deployed. Upon receiving the car from auction, the car does not start (it is a push to start by the way) the vehicle will only go into accessory mode and with the brake pedal depressed and push to start pressed to start the car, it just goes into the off position. Plugged an OBD II scanner in and the codes of U0100 and U0038 showed up. New battery has been put in the car as well. What areas should I tackle?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
11/8/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry I nor the other techs here have gotten to you. I am willing to try and help if I can. Can you add any more details on this concern or if it has been resolved, since you have paid for help, do you have another question?

Chris

More details:Once car is in accessory mode, multiple warning messages come on such as Emission System, Transmission, Hill Start Assist, Electronic parking brake, VSA, TPMS, Electronic Power Steering, charging system, basically all the warning messages possible come out.Cannot shift the car into any gear with accessory on and foot on the brake pedal. But can shift once the shift lock is released.Electronic parking brake works fine as it can engage and disengage.Cannot get vehicle to start. It will only go through the first two pushes of the Engine Start button. Upon stepping on the brakes and pushing engine start again, the car just powers off. And got U0100 & U0038 code in my scanner.

Thanks for the extra details. I can come up with info on the codes but that is it, nothing personal to add from my own experience. Since my answer would just be a copy and paste, I feel that would not be good enough. I will opt out and let someone better try.