Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Well I just bought it and the previous owner never took the…

Customer Question
Well I just bought...

Well I just bought it and the previous owner never took the key out of the ignition and would lock it with the key and the clicker and when I pull the key out of the ignition it wont start or I can't get it back in to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I have they are not corroded the car sounds like it wants to start but it doesn't fully turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2003 it has an alarm the steering wheel won't lock in place either due to the fact that he never took the key out of the ignition and pushing the button to unlock the alarm doesn't help either

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We're just trying to replace the lower half of the ignition switch we don't know how to get the studs out two studs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
11/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what model and 4 0r 6 cylinder?

6 cylinder

what model?

Can you help us with the ignition switch

whats the model, for the third time?

Uyx Honda

what?

Man I don't know my friend is an idiot I'm a female who don't know shit about cars please call me (###) ###-####

you have 2003 honda what?

civic, accord, pilot????

I kept telling 7ou7. ModelUYX. That's says on title
It's a fuse or something like it
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 9 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician

???
.

How about posting the "Model" of the Honda?
You posted it was a "2003 Honda".........
What is the Model??
There is NO 7ou7 or Uyx Model in the U.S.A.

If you want a "Phone Call" you have to use the "Request Form" on your page