Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2006 Odyssey passenger sliding door won't open. I have the

Customer Question
2006 Odyssey passenger sliding door...
2006 Odyssey passenger sliding door won't open. I have the inside door panel off, the mechanism seem to function at the door handle and the lower unit. The motor makes a low whirring noise for a second or two then everything stops, the door does not move at all.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Happening a week. The noise is the door motor, I removed the cables that travel to the rear actuator. One has some tension when you pull it the other just slides back and forth effortlessly. So I am wondering if that cable is broken and not releasing the rear latch
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and what i described
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
11/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, you'll need to remove the column covers and unbolt the column to lower it. You can then drill out the shear bolts and replace the switch assembly. I'll post the info below.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician