Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

P1457. 2003 Honda Odyssey 3.5 L engine. Automatic 100,000. I

Customer Question
P1457 JA: What is the model/year...
P1457
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 Honda Odyssey 3.5 L engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Automatic 100,000
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced the evap purge valve, the evap pressure sensor, and the evap vent valve
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The hoses look good, the canister looks good on the outside, and I replaced the fuel cap
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
10/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

generally its a failed canister have you replaced the canister yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are talking about the large plastic canister?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does the canister leak or does something go bad inside?

internal vacum loss is generally what fails...either a vacum pump would be used to test or a automotive evap smoke machine

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy