Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2006 Honda Civic Ex that was involved in a MINOR

Hello Jim. I have a...
Hello Jim. I have a 2006 Honda Civic Ex that was involved in a MINOR front end collision. The drivers side seat belt is the only thing that fired. It has been replaced as well as multiple collision sensors. I am in the process of getting the sea unit replaced and was wondering about one of the codes. It’s an e2-11 passenger seat belt stop deployment code. There was nobody in the seat and the passenger seat belt did not fire. Do I need to replace anything on the passenger side? Thanks for any help
10/23/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, where did you get that code? that is not a valid honda srs code

ok, I have never seen that code. let me do a bit of research

ok. found it. The DTC E2-11 means that the passenger's airbag does not deploy by seat weight sensor operation. If E2-11 is indicated, replace the front impact sensors.

Ok thank you very much. I have already replaced those and now I should be left with the stars unit.

you're welcome. is that the only code left?

I have two others that are related to the drivers side seat belt tensioners but I have replaced them already.

ok, then the SRS unit is definitely looking suspect

The codes are permanent so I have to replace the module. I believe that’s all I need help with. Thank you for your time

youre welcome, Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic