Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2007 Honda CR-V I need to remove the air chamber resonator -

2007 Honda CR-V I...

2007 Honda CR-V I need to remove the air chamber resonator - 2007 2009 models only, does the chamber to air intake connection have a snap lock fitting? How to separate the air chamber so I can install RV tow bracket?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Removal of the air chamber is to allow tinstallattion of RV tow bracket.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Self - just gently forceful persusation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is a slot on the upper female pipe to the intake - the lower leading pipe is male filling to the air chamber. The slot in the female pipe apparently does not have a function other than to inticate the connection is properly made .

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/22/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

It pulls apart using a slight twisting motion as you pull it off. However if the retainer bolts that hold them in place in the front end are not removed, it wont pull apart. see attached directions

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager