Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I was getting this code "P2647|"A" Rocker Arm Actuator

Customer Question
Hi - i was...

Hi - i was getting this code "P2647

"A" Rocker Arm Actuator System Stuck On

P2646

"A" Rocker Arm Actuator System Performance/Stuck Off" and I changed the Vtec solenoid. should that fix it? or is it an additional issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I was getting that code + the solenoid codes p2647

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

P0107

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Honda?

2005 element

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a mobile mechanic change out the solenoid Vtec sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And he turned off the codes, but he mentioned this other one: p2647 and i dont know if i need to do anything else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
10/20/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The most common cause for the code P2647 to set on your 2005 Element is in most cases caused by a failing Variable Timing Electronic Control (VTEC) Oil Pressure Switch Located on the end of the cylinder head. If in fact that is the switch that you had replaced then yes that should solve this code. I see you have a P0107 listed as well. Are you trying to fix that as well?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician