Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 99 crv won't start. When I put the key in the ignition…

Customer Question
My 99 crv won't...

My 99 crv won't start. When I put the key in the ignition the horn startsw beeping and it starter doesn't work. How do I fix it?.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No. I'll do that, and remove the corrosion if needed. If that doesn't work what should I try next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Figured I'd ask an expert first.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
10/19/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

are you getting the security light flashing?

Didn’t notice - I’ll go check

https://www.dropbox.com/s/358mw68hu2t8khx/alarm%20honda.PNG?dl=0

try these procedures and see if you can get it to start

Let’s go with the text.

the security light is flashing. The procedures you sent over did not work. We only have a key, no remote. What’s the next step

on the bottom of that list there is a diag procedure, tell me which flash you get out of the system and that will tell us what to do next

The procedure is too complicated for me to figure out. Just tell me what you think is most likely to work next

well without that or doing a computer scan it would be about 50 different things in a huge guessing game, we need to get some better diagnostics to figure out whats going on,

Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician