Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2003 Honda Odyssey can't shift it unless the dash P

Customer Question
My 2003 Honda Odyssey...

My 2003 Honda Odyssey can't shift it unless the dash P (park) red is on. What part do I need to replace? To get this to come on every time? I have already replaced the Brake Light Switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Odyssey. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I can get red light to come on usually if wiggle the shift level long enough, but sometimes I must over ride the problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
10/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic

It sounds that the most likely the range switch is either worn out or is out of adjustment. This switch is located on the side of the transmission behind a metal cover.