Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I don't seem to have any power at the fuel pump my gas gage…

Customer Question
I don't seem to...

I don't seem to have any power at the fuel pump my gas gage still works,but no power to pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

03 accord two door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. ive pulled the pump and tried 12v to pump and it worked. I pulled relay [its the small one] replaced it still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We thought it was out of gas at first.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
10/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, the problem can only be a fuse, relay or wiring seeing that you know the pump works by jumping it. If you need diagrams, let me know.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

sure I will rate you when we are done. I understand all you've said and now back to the problem. yes I would love for you to send me some wiring diagrams. and to let you know I have been a general service manager in an automotive shop for over 20 years and I have plenty of the proper tools. I'm just stuck on this Honda.
Ive already checked the fuse, what I take to be the fuel pump fuse, on other models they refer to the pcm as the main relay for the fuel pump. one year not being so, 03 ?
im still asking my original question. Whats left that it could possibly be short of a bad connection or a broken wire? because its a part that has quit or gone bad because of the way it happened. and has not run since.
Mechanic for Honda: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I'll be happy to assist you. In order to pull the correct diagrams could you tell me if it's a 4 or 6 cylinder model?

v6 3.0L

Thanks, it'll be just a minute while I get those diagrams.

Thanks for your patience. In the diagram below you'll see main relay one when activated sends power to the 2nd relay pull in circuit which is grounded by the ecm to control the fuel pump. Look it over and let me know if I can help further.

Ok thank you for the diagram but it's not showing me where the relays are on the car

They are in a fuse box behind the left kick panel. I do not have a diagram of the relays unfortunately. Let me open this back up to see if another expert does.

Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, I have attached the location of the under dash relays.

does that help you?

do you still need assistance?

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic