Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need help with my 2013 honda accord the smart entry doesnt…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with my 2013 honda accord the smart entry doesnt work the indicator light stays on in the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes all the fuse are okay i changed the sub relay box also same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self i changed the sub relay box which i was adviced to do it still didnt work i replaced the door handle from outside, it still doesnt unlock the doors when i grab the handle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes whenever i touch the sensor handle, i notice a red light flash on the remote, which means it powers on and sends a signal to the key, but it ust doesnt unlock the doors please help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
hi, my honda accord 2013 smart entry doesnt work, i have checked all the fuse, both the fuse box in the cabin and the one in the hood.
they are all good, i changed the sub relay box as i was told once, but nothing changed. i have also replaced the door handle incase it was broken, nothing worked still. it just shows that orange key and ! light on the dash and stays on.
when i try touching the door handle with the key close to me, it sends a signal to the key (i know that because i see a red light flash on the key everytime i touch the door handle or press the black button) but it doesnt open or unlock the doors.
please i need help with this issue.
10/5/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the keyless access control unit itself.This is the control unit that receives the signal from the handles to allow unlocking.This control unit fails internally causing this fault here.Since you have already replaced the handle and you do get a signal back on the remote when trying to open and unlock it with the handle this usually indicates this control unit is faulty needing replaced.There was even a bulletin released on the keyless access control unit being faulty to replace it and install updated software.This is something a dealer has to do or a repair facility that has access to programming to program it.The bulletin number is *****

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete,
But can you please send me a picture of the part that needs replacement
And also if i can get my hand on the part does it need to be programmed or its plug and play.

Your welcome

It is located under the dash on the drivers side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynxkxfrwglkikh1/k-10-05.gif?dl=0

Unfortunately when it is replaced the keyless system registration has to be done and this requires a dealers computer to do this.

There are 4 different part numbers for this module depending on your VIN number which you would need to contact a dealers parts department to find out which part number you need for sure.The cost is around $300 for the part and a half hour labor to have replaced and a half hour labor to have programmed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician