Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Have 2005 Odyssey that the drivers side window works

intermittently. It always goes...
Have 2005 Odyssey that the drivers side window works intermittently. It always goes down, but there are times when it is lowered, it will not go back up.
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am looking to fix it myself. I have tried a "reset" of the window as described on the internet - but that's as far as I got.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
10/2/2017
Edward
Edward, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

when it doesn't go back up, have you tried quickly flicking the switch from the neutral position to the up position numerous times, usually when this happens that the window works one way and doesn't work the other way it's the switch itself and not the motor or regulator.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried flicking the switch a number of times. That's usually how I get it to go back up.
So - it's the switch I need to replace?

If flicking the switch eventually gets it back up then yes, I would say you need to replace the switch as the contacts are likely worn and failing inside of it.

Edward
Edward, Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.

Absolutely, thank you, check out this video on cleaning the contacts, if you want to attempt that it may work for a while. cleaning the contacts with alcohol could help. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRQoes2rHww

Edward
Edward
Edward, Auto Service Technician