Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My battery is dead and when I put my charger on ir the car…

Customer Question
My battery is dead...

My battery is dead and when I put my charger on ir the car lights flash and the horn beeps loudly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2009 Civic Sedan; I just charged my 2005 Merfcedes and had no problems at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried with the key in the ignition and doors closed; tried with no ignition key. Same resxults

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thank you, ***** ***** problem is the beeping (lloud)...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
10/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 10 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

You have to unlock the drivers door with the key to deactivate the alarm.