Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have replace fuel pump and main relay it will not start. I

Customer Question

I have replace fuel pump and main relay it will not start
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: I notice when I replace fuel pump assembly the wire going to fuel was showing bare wire and touching do you it messed up my main relay for the fuel
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 1995 honda accord ex
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Main fuel relay first then fuel fuel pump assembly
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

That wire shouldn't have messed it up unless you had the key on and the relay was activated, I would first start by repairing the wire and checking for any more rubbing going on in the system, checking connectors and trying again to see if your getting power at the pump to turn it on .

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

.