Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Loud noise and VSA light comes on. Pull over and restart and…

Customer Question
Loud noise and VSA...

Loud noise and VSA light comes on. Pull over and restart and it's fine again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Triangle exclamation light. User guide indicates VSA light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2005 Odyssey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No! :-) We had the engine diagnostic run and funny thing the light did not show up. Had mechanic "check" it out and nothing could be determined. CV joints, fluid levels, etc. appeared fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
9/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This light coming on indicates a fault with the traction/stability components on your vehicle here.This may be the abs/traction hydraulic unit causing this noise or a relay at fault.What has to be done is when this light comes on the fault codes need checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle as a simple code reader and some lower end scan tools will only read engine codes and one is needed that can read the anti lock brake and traction computer to detect the fault.

One of the main issues is a failing wheel speed sensor causing the anti lock brake hydraulic unit to engage which can cause the noise you hear.The codes do need re checked with a fully compatible scan tool to locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician