Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Goodn morning, I have a Honda Accord. I drove to the store,

Customer Question
Goodn morning, I have a Honda...
Goodn morning,
I have a Honda Accord. I drove to the store, car was running fine. I come back out and car is not running at all. When I turn the key the car there is absolutely no power. The car does nothing. Gage’s don’t come on, radio won’t come on, windows won’t come down, but horn,alarm, and lights seem to work fine. With the key turn to on in the ignition the car will not go into neutral.
I checked the battery and it is fine, I tried to jump it and it did nothing still. I hope you can help me. Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Di you leave the vehicle running and came back out and it was not running or would it not start at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

No sir I did not leave the car running

If you jiggle the key on and off or back and forth does power come back at all and does it start?

Not st all...No power no sounds

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical at all?

I don’t have the money for that...Please help me...I’ve provided you with the best information I can. Let me know if you can’t help me with this so I can get a refund on my money. Thanks

No problem on the phone call we can continue here.If you did not see my last reply I was asking if you had a test light or multi meter to test electrical with?

This sounds like a fault with the electronic ignition switch failing suddenly as I have seen and had to replace before but we need to do some testing to be sure.Let me know if you have any of these components to test with.If not we can try a different route.

Thanks Pete

No I do not have a meter and didn’t mean to touch the call button! Do not call...Thanks

No problem on the call we can continue here.

In your under hood fuse panel locate the 50 amp IGN Main fuse and make sure it is o.k.If you need help in locating where this fuse is let me know or how to check it.

Ok

Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

What liter engine is in your model is it a 4 cylinder or V6?

O.k. 4 cylinder let me re check this

Sounds good

O.k. you see that black cover between the relays ( the little boxes ) and the small fuses in your picture.There is a number 50 on it.That is where the 50 amp fuse is located.I do not recall for sure but see if that cover comes off to access that 50 amp fuse and let me know.

Hey man thanks for your help...I’ll just be out of this money...I’ll call a wrecker and get it picked up..

Your welcome

Let me know if I can continue to help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician