Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Excessive wear on inside of both rear tires. Replaced tires.

Customer Question

excessive wear on inside of both rear tires
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: replaced tires. mechanic said there was a problem and installed adjustable arms but did not solve problem. took to alignment shop and was told alignment ok.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 crv
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. Im pretty handy, but this is beyond me. Rear toe in looks off by looking at rear of car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Daughter car. She drove into curb on right side to avoid an accident as while back. Also, noise from back of car when in motion.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your camber is off which means top of wheel would be further in from vehicle then bottom. There is no adjustment for this, it would mean you have a worn suspension component such as shocks or control arm bushings. Considering it is happening on both sides I think you most likely need new shocks. I'd start by checking for any play in suspension components and if good replace the shocks. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer as that is how I am compensated for time/information. Thanks.