Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I changed battery ,i know the code ,the radion wont turn on…

Customer Question
I changed battery ,i...

I changed battery ,i know the code ,the radion wont turn on in dash board but will from sterling wheel, i live in a town no honda dealers, it finally showed the clock when i tried the code just now, is there a loose connection cant get the clock to change or stations to come on, I am shocked the numbers at least took today , And after i changed battery,only CO showed then next day COD

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes, power button on dash has not been working but i had control from stering wheel so I was happy,but i had to change battery on sunday and i had a feeling the button were not going to work, I tried it an hr ago and was so happy to see the clocl show wrong time but just happy to see something, no mechanic in this but one guy

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sterling?

2006 honda crv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sterling yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , i know nothing about cars , my radio was working and i could control volume and stations from the mode in sterling wheel, after new battery , the stations wont come on the buttons on radion on dash wont work, the radio does light up, thre anti theft red light does blink,its just wierd the power button on dash wont work ,like something lost connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. My serius was connect to thr

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
9/26/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so you were having radio issues before you changed the battery am I reading that right?