Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My battery keeps going dead. i changed the battery and

Customer Question
My battery keeps going...

My battery keeps going dead. i changed the battery and alternator and still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

It was in the mechanic shop and they keep doing a process of elimination

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2002 honda accord 2 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

No im having to tow it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, they mechanic that i took it too isnot sure what of what it could be now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
9/25/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

If the battery keeps going dead something is draining it. Have they checked for a parasitic draw? The amount of amperage draw when the car sits unused.

they kept the car overnight and turned off the stuff that could be draining the battery. i don't want to pay more money
the 26 dollars to speak to a mechanic

I have attached a few Honda job aids for diagnosing dead battery problems. With this info the mechanic should be able to solve your problem. You can tyr removing the A/C compressor relay

Yes $26 but I can solve your problem.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.
Thank you!
~Honda-Man
Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

ok thanks for your help

You are very welcome! Thank you too.

Honda-Man