kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

My Honda Accord V 1997 4 Cyl. manual shift (90k miles)

Hi, My Honda Accord V 1997 4 Cyl. manual shift (90k miles) stalls occasionally and won't start again...Changed then so far: Main relay, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, distributor cap & finger, ignition coil, fuel filter, but car after all that did run fine for 2 weeks and now suddenly stalled again...What else could one change/check ??? Thanks so much for your help
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: External in the motor room
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself sofar- new parts put in: Fuelfilter, Fuel Pump Main relay, Distributor Cap & Finger, ignition coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car otherwise in good shape, regularly served

Did you replace the igniter in the distributor as well? If it is getting hot and breaking down, it will kill the spark to the plugs as well as the pilsing ground signal to the furl injectors.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No, only igniton coil new. Also checked ignition switch/key, is ok

The igniter is bolted into the distributor. If you have not replaced it, then that is where I would start. The igniter cannot be tested.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK will do that and let you know in +/- 10 days, time needed to get that igniter. Best regards Ueli

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Good morning,
Found that ignitor piece in UK, is on its way and will replace it next week. Let you know if it was the reason for stalling
kind regards Ueli

Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
HiCustomer
Finally replaced that ignitor piece and indeed car/engine runs perfect since. Looks as it was the ignitor ! Thanks again for the tipp !

You are very welcome. Happy to hear it is running well.